Northumberland Mobilisation Assistant
Join our team and help Labour win in Northumberland
Job Title: Mobilisation Assistant – Northumberland
Salary: Pro rata salary of £8,310.33 (gross) per annum with an annual fixed sum allowance of £163.60(gross) per annum
Contract Type: Part Time 2.0 days per week
Key purpose: To work with Northumberland Labour Group to mobilise and support the Labour Party’s members and supporters in campaigning on behalf of the Labour Party.
Duration: Fixed Term Contract until 14th June 2021
- To support Labour candidates and coordinate the work of the Labour Group and local Labour Parties.
- To assist in recruiting, mobilising and organising volunteers for campaigning activities in local Labour Parties.
- To communicate with members, volunteers and stakeholders in person, by phone, email and via the use of social media about campaign activities and events.
- To utilise the party’s campaign technology platforms to mobilise and schedule volunteers for campaigning activities and events.
- To enable and empower members and supporters to organise and campaign in their local community as part of the election campaigning.
- To help facilitate communities in Northumberland engagement with the democratic process.
Assistance with campaign activities and events
- To assist in organising and leading campaign activities such as doorstep canvassing, phone banks and data entry.
- To encourage the use of absentee ballots in light of the continued coronavirus pandemic.
- To assist in the administration of an efficient campaign office.
- To assist in the organisation of campaign events and visits.
- To assist in the coordination and distribution of election literature.
Training and development
- To attend and participate in training sessions, covering techniques for capacity building, campaign techniques and use of the Labour Party’s campaign technology platforms.
- To work closely with regional and local organising staff to maximise learning and personal development from field based training and activity.
- To carry our any other reasonable duty as required by the Regional Director or other regional organising staff.
- To work closely with the relevant local organiser to assist with their duties.
- To be prepared to contribute to wider organisational activity as and when required.
To apply for this post, please complete an application form and equal opportunities from and send it to email@example.com. Closing date Wednesday 17th February 2021 at 12pm. Interviews will take place on Friday 19th February 2021.